Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Magic Jack

I normally don't talk much about specific products but I have to tell everyone about the Magic Jack. I got mine last weekend and and it works great. My favorite part is that phone service is only $20 for the whole year. The Magic Jack will cost you just over $40 and that includes the first year of service.

Just in case you've never heard of before, I'll tell you what it is. The Magic Jack is a little gadget that plugs into a USB port on your computer. It has a standard phone jack on one end that you can plug a regular corded or cordless phone into. It uses your high speed internet connection to transmit phone calls.

You get unlimited calling with free long distance throughout the US and Canada. Free directory assistance is included. You get a phone number and your own voice mail as well.

Setup is easy. I plugged it in and it automatically loaded the software. I activated the service in just a minute or two, confirmed my email address and was ready for calls.

I have no complaints about the quality of calls. It sounds exactly like a traditional wired connection. Magic Jack uses their own dedicated telephone network unlike Skype and their peer-to-peer network.

I am not being paid by Magic Jack for reviewing their product. I bought it myself after hearing about it from a friend. It's one of those things that sounds like it is too good to be true but it really works! You can buy it Amazon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a magicjack too! I love it!