Friday, January 22, 2010

Conversation with Claire

I mentioned my Grandma when we were talking about Claire’s new paint by number.


Me- “I used to do those at my Grandma’s house when I was little.”

Claire- “Oh, you did? She passed, didn’t she?”

Me- "Yes, she did.”

Claire- “What happened?”

Me- “Well she was just old."

Claire- “So did she choke?”

Me- “No. Her heart just stopped.”

Claire- “That happens to a lot of people. Why?”

Me- “Well, she was just old. She was ready to go."

Claire- “You mean she was ready to die? How could that happen?”

Me- “She used to tell me that she was just tired.”

Claire- “Well, why didn’t she just take a nap?”

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Kids are so literal. These are conversations I look forward to having -- the literal kind, with Laney in years to come.

Should be interesting.

KristieMcNealy said...

I just spit my hot chocolate on my monitor when I read the last line :) My girls would totally ask something like that!

-Kristie

bernthis said...

This is the type of conversations I'm going to miss when my kid goes older