Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Great....

My dad came to visit a couple of days ago. My dad is a bit of a workaholic and always does better when he has a project to work on. I only had a couple of little things for him to fix. He re-installed the towel bar in one of the bathrooms but then was left to find a project on his own.

I came back yesterday after leaving for a physical therapy appointment and noticed that the living room floor looked a little different. I thought that maybe someone had spilled something and made a mental note to mop. I went into the kitchen and started washing the pots and pans in the sink and my dad came in to tell me to check out the living room. I finished up the dishes and went to see what he was talking about.


He was insisting that I look around to see what was different but I couldn’t figure out what he was talking about. He finally told me to look at the floor. I looked and saw yet again that the hardwood that I had just mopped hours earlier looked smudged and dirty. Then he told me that he got the paint spots off the floor. When I took out the carpet this year I didn’t get around to that so he did it in the hour that I was gone.

I was surprised that he was able to do that without using the toxic chemicals that I had purchased for the job. We walked back to the kitchen, still discussing the floor. I began putting the dishes away and asked him how he did it. He gestured towards the sponge that I had just used for the dishes and explained, “Oh, I used that thing over there.”

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dad once "cleaned" our grill and the next time we used it we opened it to find the burners disconnected and laying inside. we makes usre he has preapproved projects now when he visits :)

Lisa said...

That is the way to handle it. My dad can even get it trouble with the pre-approved projects. When he is working with wiring, sometimes there is a little bit of fire...

Sass said...

Oh I just love that.

That is so the way it goes, isn't it? ;)

Lisa said...

Please don't ask me who re-wired my house. I have smoke detectors EVERYWHERE but if I think about it too much I won't be able to sleep at night...

Dr Zibbs said...

Did he use the Sham Wow? Aww yeah!

J. said...

Ew! WHY would he put the nasty sponge back by the kitchen sink?? Doesn't he know floor cleaning things aren't meant for dishes??

Lisa said...

This is the same man than once did a load of laundry with floor wax.

Krissi said...

LMAO! That is too funny!

Lesley said...

I loved this post...can so see this....and I've given you a special award...come by and grab it when you can