Friday, November 09, 2007

It's Really Not THAT Noticeable

I have been suffering with a cold for the last week. I don’t get sick frequently so I really must complain and I feel justified since I haven’t whined (on the internet anyway) lately. Not since this time. Oh, and there was this time too.

Compared to the other illnesses, this isn’t that bad. Except for the constant coughing, nose blowing, and a cold sore the size of a damn Volkswagen. The last thing is undoubtedly the worst part. It is so horrifying that I try to limit contact with other people. Katie stares at it any time she is within a five-foot radius. She asked questions at first and clearly finds it repulsive. She gets a disgusted look on her face like she is being forced to watch surgery on The Discovery Channel. I keep telling her to come over and give me a big kiss but she just shrieks and runs. *Sigh*… I’m a monster.

4 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Oh my gosh, I get cold sores too and they are the worst. Have you tried Abreva? That stuff rocks.

Hope you're feeling better!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Public humiliation vs. continual sexual rejection...Which would you rather have?

Lydia said...

I'm sorry, I am cracking up!! Misery loves company. I also suffer from herpes simplex.....whatever and all of my 6 kids mangage to find a plethora of ways to leave me feeling repulsive. Again, I'm sorry you made me chuckle...not at you, but with you!

Lydia said...

P.S. Abreva is definitely from the Gods! It works