Sunday, July 29, 2007

Crazy Dating

I realize that my last few posts have been more serious than most and not very funny. So with that in mind, I have decided to share a more amusing story.

Last month my sister, Lynne, made arrangements to travel to Florida to meet a man that she had been emailing. She met him through an online dating service and things progressed to the point that it was time to really meet in person. Of course this man knew nothing of her psychiatric history and she planned to keep it that way.

We were all concerned about Lynne traveling since she doesn't always travel well (understatement). Sometimes she is guilty of driving while crazy, which should be considered some sort of offense.

It was a huge relief that she made it back after an enjoyable weekend. The guy she visited was also kind enough to pick up a couple of souvenirs for Lynne to take back to her son.

Lynne suggested to my nephew that a thank you note would be appropriate so 11 year old Joel went ahead and wrote one. Here it is.



Dear Pete,

Thank you for the shark. I really, really like it. Thank you for the Florida

t-shirt. I used to have one but it burned up in a car fire last year.

Your Friend,

Joel

No comments: