Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Priorities

I am one of those people suffering from terrible spring allergies. After a trip out to pick up kids, I arrived home having a full-blown allergy attack. Sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes. I was going straight to the refrigerator to get the eye drops and found my path blocked by Claire, the very hungry five year-old. She was equally in a hurry, however with a different goal in mind. She was making a dash for the freezer with the hope of beating her teenage brother to the last of the ice cream.

I managed to get my drops out and into my eyes and was moving on to the antihistamine. All I could find was the children's liquid. This normally wouldn't be much of a problem but my eyes were burning and gooey which made reading the dosage a challenge. As I struggled with this, I was surrounded with Claire and Katie saying, "We want ice cream! We want ice cream!"
I told William to give them some ice cream because I couldn't see because of my allergy attack.

Claire yells, "Yeah, William! Get us some ice cream! Mommy's blind AND having a heart attack!"

No comments: